The nature fix [electronic resource (eBook)] : why nature makes us happier, healthier, and more creative / Florence Williams.
Examines the relationship between nature and human cognition, mood, and creativity.
|Main Author:||Williams, Florence, 1967-|
|Corporate Author:||OverDrive Inc.|
New York :
W. W. Norton & Company,
Go to download page
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The cordial air
- Looking for nature neurons. The biophilia effect ; How many neuroscientists does it take to find a stinking milkvetch?
- Nearby nature: the first five minutes. The smell of survival ; Birdbrain ; Box of rain
- Five hours a month. You may squat down and feel a plant ; Garden of Hedon ; Rambling on
- Backcountry brain. Get over yourself: wilderness, creativity and the power of awe ; Water on the brain ; Please pass the hacksaw
- The city in a garden. Nature for the rest of us.